Sunday, December 24, 2006

A True Spam Solution

Zero Spam Day has finally arrived!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

For those of you who have a Gmail account then spam probably does not worry you because the excellent anti-spam and anti-virus filters incorporated compulsorily by default into Gmail silently does its job.

For those of you who have email accounts with other ISP's, service providers, etc. which is the majority of us then my bet is that you've got problems. I am and always have been vigilant about being conscious of anonymity on the Internet and hence have been careful as to who gets what email address during a software trial or news service or whatever.

BUT one of my accounts has suffered severely; like 20-30 spams per day. How this address was released to spammers I have no idea but it is. I have tried all sorts of filters and services to eliminate spam from this account and to no avail. The best system I have tried eliminated just short of 50% but that may as well be nothing!!!

Welcome external Gmail accounts!!!

It is a Beta Beta if that makes any sense so if you are lucky then it is available to you now. I have 4 Gmail accounts and it is available on only one.

Go to Gmail -> Settings -> Accounts and add the details of your external account.

It sure does clean up my inbox.

No More Spam!!

Gmail is still an invite only service so if you don't have an account and want one then send me a mail to albyxx at gmail dot com.

No comments: